CHAMBERSBURG–Franklin County Commissioners will meet today, Nov. 8, beginning at 11 a.m. in the administration building. The agenda is as follows:
REVIEW/WORKSHOP SESSION (11:00 a.m.)
● MOMENT OF SILENCE
● PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
● APPROVE AGENDA
● PUBLIC COMMENT
● CONVENE PRISON BOARD
● PRISON BOARD PUBLIC COMMENT
● APPROVE JAIL VOUCHERS
● ADJOURN PRISON BOARD
● APPROVE VOUCHERS
● APPROVE VOUCHER FOR ELECTION POLL WORKER PAY IN THE AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $70,000.
● REVIEW AND APPROVE MINUTES –November 1, 2023
● NEW BUSINESS
o REVIEW BOARD ACTIONS – See attached listing
o PERSONNEL -The Board will consider approving the position description for Recovery Oriented Systems of Care Specialist in the Drug & Alcohol Department.
● PRESS TIME
RECONVENE FOR APPROVALS AND PRESENTATIONS (2:00 p.m.)
● PUBLIC COMMENT
● NEW BUSINESS
o APPROVE BOARD ACTIONS – See attached listing
● PRESS TIME
1. **Grants – Grant Application to The PA Veterans Trust Fund requesting a grant amount of $15,000 to cover the cost of contracted training services for the Save-A-Vet, Save-A-Pet program for 12 months at a cost of $1,250.00 per month. To date Operation Save-A-Vet, Save-A-Pet has trained and certified 13 service dogs for local veterans.
2. Children & Youth – Fiscal year 2022-2023 Needs-Based Plan Budget Amendment to Commonwealth of PA, Office of Children, Youth, and Families (OCYF). A budget amendment is required when there is a need to increase one or more of the four major service categories by 10% or $10,000, whichever is greater, from the approved annual needs-based plan for that cost center. Overall the program was under budget by $2,260,302 but a cost center budget adjustment is needed.
3. Commissioners – Change Order #01 from Elevated Facility Services for the Franklin County Courthouse Annex Project elevator construction for a deduction of a wheelchair lift from the elevator contract for a decreased amount of $29,775.00.
4. Commissioners – Addendum to the agreement between the County of Franklin and Newcomer Associates to revise architectural plans and construction drawings of the proposed Magisterial District Judge renovations in the amount of $11,500.00. All other terms and conditions of the original agreement will remain in full force and effect.
5. Community Connections – The following lease agreements for the HUD Permanent Supportive Housing Lease Program (Supportive Housing Program SHP I/II) that covers the total rent plus any landlord covered utilities for participants for the period of November 1, 2023 through November 1, 2024. The County holds the Lease with the landlord and the participant subleases from the County. Program participants are responsible for any utilities not included in the lease rent, up to 30% of their adjusted gross income. Participants are linked with Supportive Services and case management to assist them with maintaining permanent stable housing.
a. Beverly Court, LLC for a total lease amount of $9,000.00
b. Rodney & Cindee Mose for a total lease amount of $9,750.00
c. Rodney & Cindee Mose for a total lease amount of $9,750.00
d. 80 S. Main LLC (Shelter Plus Care PA0649) for a total lease amount of $9,000.00
6. **Department of Emergency Services – Standard Form of Space License Agreement between the County of Franklin and The American National Red Cross for the use of the multi-purpose training room, office space (when available) and storage of the Red Cross Trailer at the Department of Emergency Services; for the period of November 1, 2023 through October 31, 2025.
7. **Grants – Application to the Department of Community and Economic Development requesting a Local Share Grant in the amount of $225,175.20 for the Franklin County Library System to purchase a new Book Buggy, which will make 15 – 20 childcare center stops monthly and reach approximately 800 children per month countywide. This amount also includes a 2% administrative fee for the Grantee’s administration of the grant.
8. **Grants – Application to the Department of Community and Economic Development requesting a Local Share Grant in the amount of $1,158,992 for the Franklin Fire
Company to replace a 2004 fire pumper with a new pumper to arrive in late 2026 or early 2027. The 2004 pumper does not comply with the National Fire Protection Association standards and is beginning to be cost-prohibitive to operate. This amount also includes a 2% administrative fee for the Grantee’s administration of the grant.
9. Information Technology Services – Quote from Dell Technologies to provide Adobe Sign which allows for an electronic workflow for the signing of documents at a cost of $49,625.55 for the period of December 7, 2023 through December 6, 2024. Additionally, it allows for a Business Associates Agreement keeping us compliant with HIPAA. Request for quotes were completed with four responses. This was the lowest qualified quote received.
10. **Jail – Service Agreement between the County of Franklin and Securitas Technology Corporation to provide a month to month agreement in the amount of $3,888.00 per month for up to one (1) year November 1, 2023 through October 31, 2024. This has been a sole source vendor (formerly Stanley Security) used for system failures with the camera system, intercoms, door controls and CCTV system. This agreement covers semi-annual inspections and system calibrations, free telephone consultations, diagnosis of system problems and guaranteed repair, access control interface and utility control interface and security management.