WAYNE HEIGHTS—If you or someone you know is seeking a career in law enforcement, now is the time to step up.
The Washington Township Police Department is hiring.
To be eligible, candidates must pass a physical examination and written exam.
The physical fitness exam is scheduled for Friday, February 11, at 7 p.m. and will consist of passing the Municipal Police Officers Education and Training Commission’s Police Academy entrance standard four components:
• 1 Minute Sit-up
• 300 Meter Run
• 1 Minute Push-Up
• 1.5 Mile Run
Applicants who pass the physical fitness exam will be invited to participate in the written exam, scheduled for Saturday, February 12, at 9 a.m.
The successful candidate must:
• be at least 21 years of age prior to completing the academy
• possess a valid driver’s license
• possess a diploma from an accredited high school or a GED
• pass physical fitness exam, pass written test & pass oral board interview
• pass physical exam & drug screen, psychological exam, vision exam;
• pass thorough background exam & credit check
• if NOT currently Act 120 Certified, must be able to attend and successfully complete the educational requirements to become Act 120 certified by attending the Police Academy starting in May.
Washington Township Police Department offers a starting salary in 2022 of $54,862.31 along with an excellent benefit package and retirement plan.
How to Apply:
Completed Candidate Contact Sheet and $35.00 nonrefundable testing fee must be received prior to 4:30 pm on Monday February 7, 2022, to reserve your testing position.
Candidate Contact Sheet found at this link.
You can stop by WTPD for a copy of the Candidate Contact Sheet, Monday – Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Candidate Contact Sheets and non refundable fee can be submitted via:
• US Postal Service (include check or money order made out to the Washington Township Police Department for the $35.00 for nonrefundable testing fee, Completed Candidate Contact Sheet must be included) Mail to: Washington Township Police Department, 13013 Welty Rd., Waynesboro, PA 17268, Attn: C. Broas
• Hand delivered to the Washington Township Police Department, 13013 Welty Rd., Waynesboro, PA 17268 Monday – Friday 8:00 – 4:30 (check, money order, cash or credit card accepted, applicable services fees for credit card for the $35.00 nonrefundable testing fee)
• Emailed in a word document or PDF to: [email protected] The subject line of the email should state “FEBRUARY 2022 TESTING”. Upon successfully receiving the completed Candidate Contact Sheet, candidate will be invoiced via Pay Pal for the $35.00 nonrefundable fee (2.9% + $0.30 service fee applies)
Additional questions can be directed to Cindy Broas, Office Manager at 717-762-1447 or [email protected].