BLUE RIDGE SUMMIT- The Blue Ridge Summit Free Library has a variety of activities every week. This sample is submitted by Blue Ridge Summit Free Library. For a complete listing, please visit their website.
- Children’s Storytime: Monday, Feb 12, drop in from 4 to 5 p.m. Children and parents can join us for a weekly story, craft or coloring sheet, and play time!
- Scherenschnitte Night: Tuesday, Feb. 13, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.Take the opportunity to learn the art of this German paper cutting craft on the second Tuesday of every month! New members are appreciated, old members are welcomed. Please bring your knives and boards if you are a previous student. Young children must be accompanied by an adult. Note: Unfortunately, Bill will be taking a break from leading this program. Thankfully, several of his former students still attend and will be happy to share what they know!
- Valentine’s Day Craft: Heart Bookmarks: All ages are welcome to join us for this Valentine’s craft from 2 to 4 p.m. on February 14th! We will have the supplies and tutorials to create two kinds of heart-shaped bookmarks for you to take home. One style requires origami folding and the other requires use of an exacto knife, so young participants should be accompanied by an adult. Free, and no sign up necessary.
- Teen and Tween Valentine’s Day Party: Join us on Thursday, Feb. 15 from 4:30 to 6 p.m. for a Valentine-themed party! We’ll have snacks, games, and a craft. Ages 10 to 17 are welcome!
- No Storytime on February 17th, 2024. Miss Jamie will be away, so regular Saturday Storytime will not be held, but we will have grab and go crafts for families to take home!