CHAMBERSBURG–Franklin County Commissioners will meet, Jan. 10, beginning at 10 a.m. in the administration building. The agenda is as follows:
MOMENT OF SILENCE
● PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
● APPROVE AGENDA
● PUBLIC COMMENT
● APPROVE VOUCHERS INCLUDING JAIL VOUCHERS
● REVIEW AND APPROVE MINUTES –January 2, 2024 and January 3, 2024
● NEW BUSINESS
o REVIEW AND APPROVE BOARD ACTIONS – See attached listing
o PERSONNEL -The Board will consider approving the position description for Senior Center Director in the Area Agency on Aging Office.
o DISCUSSION – Letter of support for RAC-P Grant to fund Rose Rent Lofts Development.
o EXECUTIVE SESSION – To discuss pending litigation
● PRESS TIME
Aging – Updated contract listing for additional contracts and addendums for Fiscal Year 2023/2024 for the Aging Office. Contract listing is maintained for proper accounting of all contracts to include vendor name and address, type(s) of service provided and rate(s) charged for services.
2. Aging – Amendment to the contract dated May 1, 2020 between the County of Franklin and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture for the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program. This amendment reflects that Paragraph 3 of the original contract dated May 1, 2020 has been struck in its entirety and replaced with new verbiage regarding Local Agency Responsibilities. All other terms and conditions of the original agreement will remain in full force and effect. There is no cost to the County for this program.
3. Commissioners – Lease Agreement between East Side Partners, LLC and County of Franklin for renting of Suite B of a building located at 2038 Lincoln Way East, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania for the office space of Magisterial District Judge 39-3-07 Kelly L. Rock at a cost of $69,696.00 for the period of May 1, 2024 through April 30, 2025. This will be paid using General Funds.
4. Community Connections – The following lease agreements for the HUD Permanent Supportive Housing Lease that covers the total rent plus any landlord covered utilities for participants for the period of January 1, 2024 through January 1, 2025. The County holds the Lease with the landlord and the participant subleases from the County. Program participants are responsible for any utilities not included in the lease rent, up to 30% of their adjusted gross income. Participants are linked with Supportive Services and case management to assist them with maintaining permanent stable housing. These costs are covered 100% by the HUD grant.
a. Beverly Court, LLC for a monthly lease amount of $9,000.00
b. Springview Management for a monthly lease amount of $10,400.00
5. Court Administration – Agreement for translator services between the County of Franklin and Josephina A. Souders to provide English-Spanish interpreter services certified through the Administrative Offices of Pennsylvania Courts (AOPC). The compensation rate, per hour, is $60.00. This rate is based on a Monday-Friday 16 hour work week. If the work week extends to 17+ hours, the compensation rate is $63.00 per hour. This agreement is for the period of January 2, 2024 through December 31, 2027. This will be paid using General Funds.
6. Domestic Relations – Agreement between the County of Franklin and Contact Wireless to provide text messaging services at a monthly cost of $204.53. This is a program that allows Domestic Relations to send text messages to clientele from computers about upcoming appointments, reminders to make payment, and any other short message that is appropriate. Clients are more likely to respond to text messages than reminder phone calls or email messages. The costs are 66% reimbursable from the State.
7. Grants – Preservation Assistance Grant Application for $10,000 in funding to be used to cover the cost of a visit from Northeast Document Conservation Center (NEDCC) to
evaluate and make preservation recommendations regarding permanent records from the Prothonotary’s office. Most of the documents cover a time period from the 1830’s to the 1930’s with some predating the burning of Chambersburg. The NEDCC will provide a written report on the findings. Grant funds remaining after the estimated $5,500 evaluation will cover the cost of preserving the documents. No match is required for this grant: no commitment of general funds is included in this request.
8. **Jail – Agreement between the County of Franklin and Eastern Elevator Service & Sales Company for renewal of the preventative maintenance service for the hydraulic elevator for a total cost of $11,266.00 for the period of March 1, 2024 through December 31, 2028. This agreement provides inspection services and covers a monthly preventative maintenance examination including cleaning, lubricating and performing adjustments. This agreement also includes a regular systematic examination and cleaning of the car top, elevator machine room, shaftway components, hoist machines & gears, hoist motor, coils, fastenings and cables. This will be paid using General Funds.
9. **Property Management – Agreement between the County of Franklin and Water Treatment by Design, LLC to provide for hydronic DX water loop systems treatment for the following locations: 272 North 2nd Street, 2 North Main Street, and 14 North Main Street, Chambersburg PA at a cost of $3,250.00 for the period of January 1, 2024 through December 31, 2024. This will be paid using General Funds with a potential for future reimbursement.
10. Risk Management – Quote from Allcom to add a reader, door contact and strike to the basement kitchen area for Juvenile Probation and Adult Probation classroom in the Courthouse Annex at a cost of $4,931.72. This will be paid using General Funds with a potential for Act 35 to reimburse for Adult Probation’s costs.
11. Risk Management – Quote from Allcom to add a reader, door contact and a strike to the Courthouse Annex project for a secured storage closet on the 4th floor at a cost of $4,931.72. This will be paid using General Funds.