CHAMBERSBURG–Franklin County Commissioners will meet today, Oct. 25, beginning at 11 a.m. in the administration building. The agenda is as follows:
REVIEW/WORKSHOP SESSION (11:00 a.m.)
● MOMENT OF SILENCE
● APPROVE AGENDA
● PUBLIC COMMENT
● CONVENE PRISON BOARD
● PRISON BOARD PUBLIC COMMENT
● APPROVE JAIL VOUCHERS
● ADJOURN PRISON BOARD
● APPROVE VOUCHERS
● REVIEW AND APPROVE MINUTES –October 18, 2023
● NEW BUSINESS
o REVIEW BOARD ACTIONS – See attached listing
o BID OPENING – On Call Pest Control Services for Franklin County Area Agency on Aging.
o 2024 BUDGET DELIBERATION AND DIRECTION
● PRESS TIME
RECONVENE FOR APPROVALS AND PRESENTATIONS (2:00 p.m.)
● PUBLIC COMMENT
● NEW BUSINESS
o APPROVE BOARD ACTIONS – See attached listing
o PRESENTATION – Employee of the Month
o EXECUTIVE SESSION – To discuss potential litigation.
● PRESS TIME
1. **Commissioners – Change Order #008 from Lobar, Inc. for the Franklin County Courthouse Annex Project general construction for a shortage on Change Order #7 for a credit of .60; statue base revisions for an increased amount of $19,617.47; and turntable for statue for an increased amount of $9,992.63 for a total amount of $29,609.50.
2. **Commissioners – Change Order #009 from Lobar, Inc. for the Franklin County Courthouse Annex Project general construction to add furring and gypsum wall board (GWB) for an increased amount of $2,981.83 and sidewalk revisions for an increased amount of $11,909.67 for a total amount of $14,891.50.
3. **Commissioners – Change Order #010 from Lobar, Inc. for the Franklin County Courthouse Annex Project general construction to add galvanized angles at entrance for an increased amount of $2,899.16 and embedded plates with rebar hooks for an increased amount of $3,300.70 for a total amount of $6,199.86
4. Coroner – Supplemental Appropriation in the amount of $33,300.00 to allow for additional purchases from Coroner Escrow funds, including $29,000 in new purchases and $4,300 to cover existing over budget amount related to various items, including 50% of a recent vehicle purchase.
5. Department of Emergency Services – Agreement between the County of Franklin and Carbyne, Inc. for the implementation of a new regional shared call handling system for the 911 call center. This is a regional project through the South Central Inter-County Phone Network (SCIPNet) formed in August of 2022 and encompasses Franklin, Dauphin, Adams and Cumberland Counties. SCIPNet solicited and reviewed a total of six RFPs and Carbyne was the lowest qualified proposal.
6. Drug & Alcohol – Certification Form to allow the County to receive funds that were established as part of the Pennsylvania Opioid Misuse and Addiction Abatement Fund. Franklin County is certifying that they will use the funds for abatement uses as described in Exhibit E of the settlements and all other terms of the settlements.
7. Grants – Application to PA Department of Community and Economic Development requesting funds in the amount of $167,753.86 from the Local Share Account Fund (Gaming Funds) Statewide Grant. South Central Community Action Program (SCCAP) intends to utilize the funds to purchase a 22′ by 22′ outdoor cooler, prepare the cooler location site, and purchase a forklift. As grantee, the county is also requesting a 2% administration fee for the grant.
8. Grants – Application to PA Commission on Crime and Delinquency requesting Grant in Aid funds in the amount of $161,227.00. The funding will be utilized by Adult Probation to provide support for staffing levels in order to provide effective supervision utilizing evidence-based practices.
9. Information Technology Services (ITS) – Contract between Splashwire and Franklin County to provide ITS systems administration support due to critical needs. Splashwire will provide up to 64 hours of support as-needed, effective upon contract execution, for a maximum encumbrance of $11,200.00.
10. **Information Technology Services – Quote from Sage Technology Solutions to move a document display projector in the Historic Courtroom at a cost of $5,597.02. There will be no charge to us directly since they will use the remaining balance of a credit from the Courtroom Technology contract for the Judicial Center.
11. Juvenile Probation – Agreement between the County of Franklin and the Tuscarora School District for the School-Based Juvenile Probation program. The school district agrees to provide $18,464.16 for services during the 2023-2024 school year. Franklin County will carry liability insurance for its employees and the program.
12. **MH/IDD/EI – Agreement between the County of Franklin and PESI, Inc. for the Mental Health department to purchase the license for seminars to assist County staff and providers working in the mental health field. The seminars are educational and assist mental health professionals in their professional growth as well as with self-care. This year, Mental Health will purchase the following seminars: Grief Counseling for Children and Adolescents; Integrative Trauma Treatment; and Personality Disorders Certification. This agreement is at a cost of $16,300.00 for the term of October 1, 2023 through October 1, 2024.
13. **Planning – Resolution #2023-20, General Application Certification, Language Access Plan Certification, and Disclosure Report for the Fiscal Year 2023 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) application, along with other required documentation to the Department of Community and Economic Resources (DCED) for funding during the upcoming fiscal year.
14. Purchasing – Resolution #2023-21 for the sale of surplus items from the Franklin County Jail and Drug & Alcohol Program.
15. **Risk Management – Agreement between the County of Franklin and Eastern Time to provide inspections of duress buttons at select county buildings, magisterial district judge’s offices and senior centers. This agreement is at a cost of $3,900.00 for the term of January 1, 2024 through December 31, 2024.
16. **Risk Management – Agreement between the County of Franklin and Eastern Time to provide inspection of video surveillance system at select county buildings, and magisterial district judge’s offices. The agreement is at a cost of $3,915.00 for the term of January 1, 2024 through December 31, 2024.
17. **Risk Management – Agreement between the County of Franklin and Eastern Time to provide monitoring services to all of Franklin County Senior Centers at a cost of $2,286.00 for the term of January 1, 2024 through December 31, 2024.
18. **Risk Management – Agreement between the County of Franklin and Eastern Time to provide access control inspection at select county buildings, and magisterial district judge’s offices. The agreement is at a cost of $2,742.00 for the term of January 1, 2024 through December 31, 2024.