CHAMBERSBURG–Franklin County Commissioners will meet today, Oct. 18 beginning at 11 a.m. in the administration building. The agenda is as follows:
REVIEW/WORKSHOP SESSION (11:00 a.m.)
● MOMENT OF SILENCE
● APPROVE AGENDA
● PUBLIC COMMENT
● APPROVE VOUCHERS
● REVIEW AND APPROVE MINUTES –October 11, 2023
● NEW BUSINESS
o REVIEW BOARD ACTIONS – See attached listing
o PRESENTATION – 2024 Preliminary Budget
● PRESS TIME
RECONVENE FOR APPROVALS AND PRESENTATIONS (2:00 p.m.)
● PUBLIC COMMENT
● NEW BUSINESS
o APPROVE BOARD ACTIONS – See attached listing
o SALARY BOARD
▪ Approval of Salary Board minutes from October 4, 2023.
▪ The Board will consider the creation of a Courtroom Technician position in Court Administration.
o PERSONNEL -The Board will consider approving the position description for the Courtroom Technician position in Court Administration.
● PRESS TIME
BOARD ACTIONS (This is a draft contract list. After review, items may be deleted or added at a Commissioners public meeting.)
1. **Commissioners – Agreement between the County of Franklin and The Zigmund, Co. for The Zigmund, Co. to act as an advisor regarding insurance related matters including reviewing renewal applications, audits, insurance proposals and loss run reports. This proposal is at a cost of $5,000.00 for the period of November 1, 2023 through October 31, 2024.
2. Department of Emergency Services – Agreement between the County of Franklin and Carbyne, Inc. for the implementation of a new regional shared call handling system for the 911 call center at a total cost of $3,594,411.58 of which $2,681,633.29 is covered by the Statewide Interconnectivity Grant. Franklin County’s portion is a total of $169,694.57. This is a regional project through the South Central Inter-County Phone Network (SCIPNet) formed in August of 2022 and encompasses Franklin, Dauphin, Adams and Cumberland Counties. SCIPNet solicited and reviewed a total of six RFPs and Carbyne was the lowest qualified proposal.
3. Department of Emergency Services – Resolution 2023-19 to adopt the 2023 Franklin County Hazard Mitigation Plan.
4. Fiscal – 4th Quarter Fiscal Report to the Commonwealth of PA, Office of Children, Youth, and Families (OCYF) for the Children and Youth quarterly income and expenditure report for fiscal year 2022-2023. Expenditures for the 4th quarter totaled $3,684,288.00 resulting in a required county share totaling $713,902.
5. Grants/CJAB – Amendment No. 1 to the contract (dated October 1, 2022) between the County of Franklin and Acadia Healthcare White Deer Run, LLC for the Good Wolf Treatment Court (GWTC) program for substance use disorder treatment services. This amendment is to extend the contract for another year through 9/30/2024 and increase the encumbrance for the contract to $15,000.00 for Substance Use Disorder treatment services. All other terms and conditions of the original agreement will remain in full force and effect.
6. Grants/CJAB – Amendment No. 1 to the contract (dated October 1, 2022) between the County of Franklin and Noah’s House/Gracie’s Place for the Good Wolf Treatment Court (GWTC) Program for substance use disorder recovery housing services. This amendment is to increase the daily rate to $26.50 per hour, increase the contract amount to $25,350.00 and extend the contract through September 30, 2024. All other terms and conditions of the original agreement will remain in full force and effect.
7. Grants/CJAB – Grant application to Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD) requesting a grant in the amount of $500,000.00 to provide funds to the Comprehensive Opioid, Stimulant, and Substance Use Program (COSSUP) for individuals on supervision that is focused on creating stable living conditions enhanced by case management and various treatment support groups. The grant period is October 1, 2023 through September 30, 2025.
8. Grants/CJAB – Grant application to Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD) requesting a grant in the amount of $32,910.00 for the Franklin County Jail to use the funds to purchase COVID cleaning supplies (Clorox wipes, garbage bags, soap dispenser refill bags), a personal property bag sealer, and 9 inmate shower units. The grant period is August 1, 2022 through July 31, 2024.
9. Jail – Amendment to the agreement (dated April 1, 2019) between the County of Franklin and Summit Food Service for inmate meals to increase by 6.5% effective April 2, 2023 through December 31, 2024. This adjustment is based upon the Bureau of Labor Statistics Consumer CPI, US City Average Food Away from Home Table.
10. Planning – Resolution #2013-18 to approve and authorize the submittal of modifications listed on the resolution for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program for Fiscal Year 2019.