HARRISBURG – Several organizations and businesses across Franklin County will benefit from nine grants totaling more than $3.3 million. Funding for the projects is being provided through the Commonwealth Financing Authority (CFA) Local Share Account (LSA) program, which uses gaming revenue to support projects in the public interest across the commonwealth.
· Bear Valley/Franklin County Pennsylvania Joint Authority was awarded more than $230,000 to construct a waterline loop connection in Hamilton Township.
· Chambersburg Borough will receive nearly $880,000 for Downtown Chambersburg Inc. to construct an outdoor amphitheater and greenspace.
· Franklin County was awarded $25,000 for Maranatha Ministry Inc. for the Peer to Peer Housing Unit renovation project on West Third Street in Waynesboro Borough.
· Franklin County will receive more than $65,000 for Habitat of Humanity of Franklin County Inc. for the purchase of a construction truck.
· Franklin County will receive more than $580,000 for The Rescue Hose Company No. 1 of Greencastle for the purchase of two ambulances – one for Greencastle Borough and the other for Antrim Township.
· Franklin County will receive more than $85,000 for House of Hope to purchase vehicles.
· Franklin County was awarded more than $50,000 to purchase a K-9 police vehicle for the Franklin County Sheiff’s Department.
· Guilford Township will receive nearly $375,000 for Marion Volunteer Fire Company to purchase a new ambulance.
· Mercersburg Water Authority will receive more than $335,000 for water system improvements.
· The Borough of Waynesboro was awarded $750,000 for the Waynesboro Fire Department to purchase new fire apparatus.
Three additional grants for Franklin County projects totaling more than $1 million were approved through a separate CFA program. Funding for these projects is being delivered through the CFA Multimodal Transportation Fund grant program, which provides financial support for projects to encourage economic development and ensure a safe and reliable transportation system for commonwealth residents.
· The Borough of Greencastle was awarded nearly $260,000 for streetscape improvements along North Washington Street.
· Greene Township will receive more than $600,000 for the North Chambersburg improvement project.
· Washington Township was awarded more than $200,000 to replace the Skiway Avenue Bridge.