CHAMBERSBURG—Franklin County Commissioners will meet Wednesday to discuss a variety of agenda items including:
- The 2022 comprehensive plan
- The Employee of the Month
- Ag preservation
- The Salary Board will consider reclassifying the position of Deputy Sheriff to Deputy Sheriff (K9 Handler) in the Sheriff’s Office and establishing the Deputy Sheriff (K9 Handler) position description in the Sheriff’s Office.
- The Board will consider appointing the following individuals to the Franklin County Visitors Bureau Board: Bonnie Shockey, Beth Thoresen, Melodie Anderson-Smith, Paul Luka, Michael Ross, Michael Kalathas and Jaime Stoner for two-year terms to end on January 31, 2024; and Katrina Gayman, Jackie Mowen, Patti Nitterhouse, John Flannery, Scott Brown, Debby Cunningham, Chris Ardinger and Steve Christian for one-year terms to end on January 31, 2023.
- Contract between the County of Franklin and Waynesboro Police Department to provide funds from the PA Commission on Crime and Delinquency Grant in the amount of $29,632.00 to be used for body worn cameras for each officer, transfer station kit, battery, warranty, evidence library and server that is necessary to ensure body worn camera footage is handled appropriately. The Waynesboro Police Department will provide a 50% match of $29,632.00 for a total contract amount of $59,264.00.
The Franklin County Commissioners will meet beginning at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 26, in the Administration Building, 272 N. Second St., Chambersburg. Meetings are also live-streamed on Franklin County’s YouTube channel and at http://bit.ly/BOCCLiveStream at scheduled meeting times.