CHAMBERSBURG- Walmart customers in Chambersburg were welcomed inside the newly transformed Supercenter as much-anticipated transformation projects are now complete. Walmart associates marked the occasion with a ribbon-cutting ceremony, community celebration, all-day activities, food trucks, and Walmart vendors with giveaways.
To reinforce Walmart’s dedication to the communities it serves, the store manager presented $7,000 in grants to local nonprofit organizations, including $3,000 to the Pa. State Police for its Shop with a Cop at Christmas; $1,000 to The Children’s Miracle Network, and $3,000 to Angels Journey Home Animal Rescue, a local animal shelter that trains service dogs for veterans.
Store associates were also presented with plaques and awards:
- Associates who have worked at the store since it first opened 31 years ago: Katina Cook, Tracey Brandt Gower and Jane Manganella.
- Recognition of nine associates who have served in the military: Paul Bodges, Kierstin Burt, Robb Chastain, Mitchell Coulter, Iris Hurtado-Hernandez, George Lucas, Faith McMullen, Charles Newman and John Tyler.
Improvements at the Chambersburg Supercenter:
Walmart’s transformations are part of Walmart’s Signature Experience, which seeks to inspire customers and elevate their in-store experience. Upgrades at the Chambersburg Walmart Supercenter include:
- Pharmacy upgraded and now boasts five check-in registers for pickup and a new consultation room
- Store Pickup was relocated from grocery to lawn and garden
- Pickup service section has more parking spots and a larger area for easier access
- Grab and Go reorganized at the front of the store for customers on the go
- Newly added Walmart+ member check-out lanes
- Newly renovated customer restrooms, plus a family restroom and a new mother’s room at the back of the store
- Expanded Lawn and Garden area
- New refrigerated baby food section
- Apparel Department remodeled with a new fitting room, jewelry counter, and more
“We’re excited to continue our mission to save people money, so they can live better and serve our customers with this newly remodeled store. Our customers are going to love the changes and I appreciate all associates and our community leaders to for making it happen. Our amazing associates worked incredibly hard to ensure our store continued to thrive, and we look forward to celebrating with the community,” said Chambersburg Store Manager Tyler Swope.