CHAMBERSBURG–Chambersburg Borough Council will meet at 11 a.m. , Wednesday, May 18. The agenda is as follows:
As of, May 16, 2023
For meeting, May 17, 2023
Starting at 11:00 a.m.
FRANKLIN COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
BEING HELD AT THE ADMINISTRATION BUILDING, 272 N. SECOND STREET, CHAMBERSBURG, PA
MEETINGS ARE ALSO LIVE STREAMED on Franklin County’s YouTube channel and at http://bit.ly/BOCCLiveStream at scheduled meeting times.
REVIEW/WORKSHOP SESSION (11:00 a.m.)
● MOMENT OF SILENCE
● APPROVE THE AGENDA
● PUBLIC COMMENT
● APPROVE VOUCHERS
● REVIEW AND APPROVE MINUTES –Wednesday, May 10, 2023
● NEW BUSINESS
o REVIEW BOARD ACTIONS – See attached listing
o PROCLAMATION – The Board will consider Proclamation #2023 – 16 for the purpose of proclaiming the month of May as Older Americans Month.
● PRESS TIME
RECONVENE FOR APPROVALS AND PRESENTATIONS (2:00 p.m.)
● PUBLIC COMMENT
● APPROVE VOUCHER FOR ELECTION POLL WORKER PAY IN THE AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $78,000
● NEW BUSINESS
o APPROVE BOARD ACTIONS – See attached listing
o RECOGNITION – IMPACT! Grant Recipient recognitions
● PRESS TIME
BOARD ACTIONS (This is a draft contract list. After review, items may be deleted or added at a Commissioners public meeting.)
1. **Adult Probation – Quote from Eagle Point Gun TJ Morris and Sons for the purchase of ammunition for firearms training and qualification of Probation Officers at a cost of $5,550.00. Quotes were requested and three vendors responded. This was the lowest qualified quote received.
2. **Commissioners – Proposal from Baxter Environmental Group, Inc. for removal and disposal of materials found in the Courthouse Annex that contain asbestos, including floor tile, mastic, and paneling, to allow renovations to continue at a cost of $4,712.00.
3. Grants/CJAB – Application to Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD) requesting grant funds in the amount of $250,000.00 for the 2023/2024 Intermediate Punishment Treatment Program (IPTP). The goal of the program remains to divert individuals from county jail or state prison and provide the necessary treatment for individuals with substance use disorders, thereby reducing recidivism and increasing public safety.
4. **Grants/CJAB – Contract between the County of Franklin and United States Department of Agriculture to receive funds in the amount of $32,861.00 from the TEFAP Reach Resiliency Grant to expand South Central Community Action Program (SCCAP) food pantry to include site preparation and replacing a small cooler with an outdoor walk-in cooler.
5. **Information Technology Services – Quote from AccessIT Group, Inc. for hardware and software upgrade of the firewall at Department of Emergency Services at a cost of $38,341.00.
6. Information Technology Services – Quote from Dell for the annual computer bulk order for the majority of the County for 2023 at a cost not to exceed $136,308.76. This purchase is the regularly scheduled equipment replacement of old computer hardware. Dell is on the Costars state contract price listing.
7. Information Technology Services – Quote from Entrust Corporation for the annual renewal of the County’s Multifactor Authentication software at a cost of $19,080.00 for the period of June 9, 2023 through June 8, 2024. This vendor is a single source vendor.
8. **Jail – Addendum to the original agreement from 2012 between the County of Franklin and NRG Building Systems, Inc. to provide yearly maintenance of the Schneider Electric DDC Control System or the building’s automation system – JACE Network at a cost of $8,730.00 for the period of July 1, 2023 through July 1, 2024. This system controls the heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment. The contract protects and ensures that the controls received calibrations and the adjustments to maintain the equipment allowing it to run efficiently and effectively. This system is the main controller that distributes control programming, algorithms and data points for all the field level controllers on site. When the equipment runs efficiently it minimizes additional costs and any inconveniences.
9. Planning – Intergovernmental Agreement between the County of Franklin and Fannett Township to establish standards for naming roadways, posting road signs and assigning numbers to all dwellings, principal buildings, businesses and industries within Franklin County.
10. **Public Defender – Agreement between the County of Franklin and Spartan Technology Solutions, Inc. to provide new software for a case management system for the Public Defender’s Office at a cost of $60,560.00. The current case management system being utilized is terminating their service as of December 2023, and a new case management system must be implemented by that time.